Offshore Company Formation in Dubai, UAE
Offshore Business Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is a legitimate business entity where you can conduct worldwide business without violating UAE law. UAE offshore firms are able to own homes and businesses anywhere in the globe, including in the UAE. It is important to distinguish between UAE Offshore Companies and UAE Free Zone Companies.
A Registered Agent is a need for establishing an Offshore company, unlike any other type of business. In the UAE, the Herald Group is a Registered Agent for establishing offshore companies. The procedure by which a company is operated or managed outside of the nation in which it is registered or outside of the nation in which its owners and shareholders reside is known as offshore company formation.
Benefits of Offshore Company Formation in UAE
1. Exemption from Corporate Taxes:
With a few exceptions, such oil and foreign banks, there is currently no personal tax or company tax applied either at the Emirates level or at the federal level. Although certain particular commodities, like alcohol and tobacco, are subject to municipal levies and tariffs, offshore businesses are also exempt from these taxes.
2. 100% Foreign Ownership:
In contrast to firms registered on the UAE's mainland, which are required to have a mandatory local shareholder, the International firms Regulations do not need local shareholding in an offshore company. Therefore, foreign investors may own 100% of the equity in a company, whether they are individuals or corporations.
3. Simple Registration Procedures and Cost Efficiency:
The registration procedure is quick and easy, and it can be finished in 3 to 4 working days after the necessary paperwork is submitted. Compared to other entities created in free zones or on the national territory of specific emirates, the cost of incorporation is comparatively inexpensive.
4. Low Operational Costs:
Offshore Companies are exempt from any registration requirements with regard to the renting of space, offering of guarantees, and hiring of personnel. Offshore Companies may conduct their business through the offices of registered agents, such as law firms and accountants, who have been authorised by the registrar and with whom they can maintain contact.
Although the registrar may demand that the paid-up capital of the company be proportionate with its anticipated operations, there is no requirement for a minimum share capital.
6. Transferable Shares:
Shares in offshore companies are simply and freely transferable by a written instrument.
7. Limited Liability:
Shareholders of an offshore corporation are only liable for their proportionate share of the company's capital. According to the rule, the offshore company's name must include the word "Limited" at the end.
8. Other Benefits:
A UAE offshore company formation can be used for things like international trading, asset protection, tax planning, buying real estate in the UAE's authorised zones, holding, partnering with other businesses, getting shares of their stock, trust funds, etc. The capital needed is merely figurative. Unless there is a suspicion of illegal activity, the identity of the beneficial owners will be kept private according to the law. An offshore company is permitted to open and manage an account with a bank or banks in the UAE. The offshore firm may also select either UAE legislation or the legislation of the applicant nation as the governing law.
Restrictions on the activities of Offshore Companies
- The regulations clearly forbid the following activities: banking, insurance, and financial services. Other activities may be added to the list of prohibited activities by the Authorities.
- UAE Offshore Company Formation is not generally permitted by the Regulations to carry on any commercial operations within the UAE.
- Own an interest in real estate property situated in UAE except in the designated areas of UAE as approved by the authorities.
Offshore Company Formation in UAE – Exceptions
- Offshore Companies are permitted to own or lease real estate in the selected UAE locations or any other real estate that has been authorised by the Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone Authority.
- An offshore company is also permitted to open and maintain an account with a UAE bank.
- An offshore company must obtain the proper licence from the relevant authorities in order to conduct trade or any other activity within the UAE free zones or elsewhere in the UAE. In accordance with the applicable Licencing regulations, this exception to the norm would allow an offshore corporation that wishes to engage in trade or business in the UAE to establish, or assist in the establishment of, a subsidiary in a UAE Free Zone or onshore UAE.
Offshore Company Formation in UAE – Requirements
In order to start the process of forming an offshore company in the United Arab Emirates, one or more individuals—who may be either natural or juristic—must submit a completed application form to the offshore company registrar together with all required supporting documentation.
Any legitimate conduct or activity that is permitted for offshore corporations to be organised under the legislation may be undertaken by an offshore company. The application form must include the projected capital of the offshore firm. The full names and addresses of the shareholders, the number of shares they want to own, and the value of their shareholdings should all be included in the information requested on an application form.
Additionally, the registrar may also need the names and addresses of the registered agents, the directors (at least one director must be nominated, although additional directors may be nominated by shareholders), and any other information they see necessary. The proposed memorandum and articles of organisation for the offshore company must also be submitted with the application form.
1. Individual applicant:
- Bank reference letter.
- Proof of residence (utility bills like water/electricity bill evidencing the address of the applicant)
- Director’s passport copy. (shall be one director minimum, a shareholder can also become a director)
- Power of Attorney in favour of our office to pursue the incorporation process. (Draft will be provided by us) notarized and legalized up to the UAE Embassy/consulate in the country of execution.
- Personal Profile of the applicant.
- Passport copy of applicant.
2. Corporate Applicant:
- Board resolution calling for the establishment of an offshore company, the appointment of directors (minimum one director) and appointing our office as the company legal representative duly attested by the UAE Embassy/consulate in the country of origin.
- Certificate of registration of the company duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- Certificate of good standing of the company duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company (Applicant Company) duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- The registrar issues an incorporation certificate and assigns a registration number to the offshore business upon the submission of all necessary paperwork and payment of the applicable fees.
- We are a registered agent and a market leader in offshore company consulting, providing solutions to customers who want to reduce taxes, safeguard assets, and keep obligations to a minimum.